Once you have set your eyes on a Cotes adsorption dehumidifier it is important to make sure that we find the model that constitutes the right solution to your production needs but also your humidity issues. As a rule of thumb, your production temperature should range from 40°C to 0°C for a C-range model and anywhere from 0°C to -25°C for a C -range cold storage model. Feel free to ask for a product recommendation, if you're in doubt!
Although various other properties of your production space, humidity load and target environment are taken into account by our respective internal experts or our global partner network representatives in other countries to determine the best fit and guide you through the process of consideration. The timeframe of this process can vary, but you can expect 8-10 weeks from initial planning to a fully installed dehumidifier. Nevertheless, you can reach out to our team in Germany or Denmark at any time, to get a free consultation.
THE GLOBAL PARTNER NETWORK
Our global partner network makes it possible for you to get a Cotes standard service even when we ourselves can’t be there. Our curated team of respective experts with diverse know-how for the different specialisations of the installation can guide you from the selection of the right Cotes adsorption dehumidifier to the installation and maintenance of your unit. This includes more general things like conducting the necessary measurements and production area surveys, as well as specific tasks like making sure the air circulation of your production works in favour of the model and vice versa. The Cotes partner team is present in various locations across the globe and a reliable contact person for your concerns.
Even the exact installation sight is something our partners can assist you with but here are a few tips;
We recommend that you install the unit indoors (especially the C-range) if possible, ideally in a technic room adjacent to your production area to avoid excessive moisture from cleaning processes and reduce the risk of infiltration. Depending on the chosen model, we can supply floor or wall brackets for easier installation.
If the machine should be installed outside instead, which is also possible, the unit should be protected from strong rain or sun exposure if placed outside. To help with maintenance in outside areas, Cotes can supply your dehumidifier with added insulation or an outdoor cover kit.
GUIDELINES FOR INSTALLATION
Although our Cotes experts or partner team will guide you through these steps to successfully install the dehumidifier in your production, there are a few guidelines worth knowing:
- The duct leading the regeneration air away must be angled downwards from the dehumidifier by at least 2 degrees.
- If the regeneration airflow can’t be adjusted in the dehumidifier itself, we recommend you install a damper to adjust the airflow and pressure (this concerns all C-range Configurations A (Basic))
- The dehumidifier must always be level and be placed on solid, stable ground
- If there is any likelihood of condensation forming on or inside this ductwork, you may need to insulate duct for the regeneration air inlet
- The distance between the air inlets and outlets must be at least 2 m
- The duct must be fitted with a drain to prevent any condensate from reaching the regeneration air fan
- Leave 50 cm of free space above the unit so there’s enough room for installation and adjustment work
Reach out to our local partners to find out more about the installation process or get in contact with our team if you have questions about the dehumidifiers.