There are many reasons to buy a Cotes adsorption (desiccant) dehumidifier, but it comes down to preventing or dealing with humidity issues.
There are three types of Cotes adsorption dehumidifiers:
- Mobile: Lightweight and portable units
- Modular: All-round mid-sized units with modular functionality
- Ultradry: Larger flexible units to process up to 32.000 m3/h at very low dew points
Image above: Standardised Cotes Products
Cotes adsorption dehumidifiers are used in all kinds of industries and applications like wind turbines, Lithium-ion battery manufacturing, food and beverage and other industrial applications which is why they are:
- Built to last – Cotes offers a wide range of well-engineered, energy-efficient, reliable, and robust models.
- Modular in design – We make it easy to choose the exact configuration and capabilities to best suit your requirements.
- Energy-efficient: Cotes dry-air solutions can save you 20–25% on energy bills for humidity management and in some cases up to 66%
- Industry experience and specialist know-how – Cotes’ experts can help you with the equipment choice that best suits your unique operations, taking all parameters into consideration.
Image above: Built to last, doing a simple drop test and it works just fine
When you purchase a Cotes dehumidifier, it comes with a manual explaining everything you need to know about the product, including what to do in the unlikely event you need to repair the dehumidifier. Over time, a certain amount of wear and tear is normal, but luckily this is very easy to address.
Repairing a dehumidifier
At Cotes, we emphasise serviceability. Our dehumidifiers are developed with serviceability in mind at every step and our modular units are extremely easy to service. This means that you do not need to be an engineer or even very technically minded to take care of repairs. The handy manual includes clear step-by-step instructions for all potential repair situations, making it easy and straightforward for you to carry out the repair on your own. Request a Cotes Dehumidifier manual here.
Of course, our technical support is always available at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you in case you meet any obstacles or have questions during the repair process.
Designed for easy access and quick service
Before undertaking a repair, you can easily identify all the components – which are clearly visible, with supporting descriptions in the manual. There are no hidden parts or difficult-to-reach components. Most importantly, you do not need to disassemble the entire dehumidifier to make a repair.
The electrical switchboard (with contacts, fuse breakers, thermal relays, etc.) is often placed in the electrical box at the top of the dehumidifier, directly under the top cover, to make it easy to access. The other electrical components (fan motors, gear motor, heating elements, etc.) are also easy to access once the service door is opened.
Cotes C35 adsorption dehumidifier
Opening a Cotes dehumidifier
In addition, when you order a spare part from Cotes, you will receive a “Spare Part Kit”, which comes with its own manual explaining the replacement process step-by-step, including which tools will be needed and the spare part application.
Problem-solving and detecting issues with your senses
Sometimes, it’s as simple as engaging your senses to assess the status of the different components:
- Sight: if you see that the regeneration air filter has unwanted particles (e.g. dust), you know that it’s time to replace the regeneration air filter as it needs to be clean for optimal operation.
- Hearing: if the process air fan is making a strange noise, then you know that there’s an issue, and something needs to be repaired.
- Smell: if a burning smell is coming from the dehumidifier, then something is definitely wrong and should be investigated immediately.
Replacing a spare part
An example of one of our repair kits is the “Replacement of the Process Air Fan”. The need to replace the process air fan can be detected by sight, or by following our recommendation that it should be replaced after 40,000 working hours (the equivalent to 4.5 working years).
The manual begins by showing the included components and the tools needed, followed by detailed and easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions. All you need to do is to follow the instructions and your dehumidifier will be soon working like new again.
|View example of Replacement of the Process Air Fan|
If you have a dehumidifier with a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), it will indicate if there are issues with the components - so you really do not need to be an expert to identify potential problems.
In the rarest of cases, you may run into an issue where you need support from an engineer and that is why we have our technical support team. They are available to help with any type of troubleshooting [but not with any actual replacement of parts].
Guaranteed know-how and serviceability
If you buy a dehumidifier through one of our partners, we guarantee that you are in good hands, because we give in-depth training sessions to our partners, where our technicians explain everything there is to know about our dehumidifiers.
We make sure that our partners have the necessary know-how and readiness to offer service and support to anyone who purchases our dehumidifiers, in any country around the world.
Image above: Cotes Partner Training
Do you have issues with humidity?
Tell us about your humidity concerns and we will recommend the best dry-air solution to suit your specific business needs.